Monday, February 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner.

Yes, I am posting about Thanksgiving.... I thought better late than never ;) I thought I would keep in somewhat in the loop about my cooking life and then on my recent travels.


Homemade Stuffing Prep:
1.) diced celery, carrots, onions, garlic
2.) fresh sage, thyme, & parsley
3.) semi-fresh french loaf
4.) turkey broth


All it takes is sauteing the veggies, tossing them with the dried out bread, slowly adding broth, and then baking it to a semi-crisp perfection.


Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
1.) Good Olive Oil
2.) Salt & Pepper


Yes, it tastes as good as it looks!


Homemade Gravy.
1.) reserved turkey fat
2.) flour
3.) a little butter


I didn't make a full turkey this past Thanksgiving. It's usually way too much, so I got a turkey breast instead. It was actually pretty perfect. I brined it so it was really moist and delicious.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! we should plan a thanksgiving dinner party in like, the middle of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhh, YEA! I was thinking that as I blogged about it (3) months later... haha!

    ReplyDelete