Monday, September 17, 2012

Bangers + Mash.

 Last week Monday as Jen and I were talking about all of the places she needed to see while in London, she thought we would theme our lunch after a British dish. I had been pondering it for a while and couldn't remember something really amazing that I had while I was in London so I did a little search and found something that looked quick and easy to make.. Bangers & Mash?



I was a little skeptical at first but then I thought, how could you go wrong with brats, mashed potatoes, and gravy, right? I quickly drove to Gateway Market to pick up all the supplies that we needed.


I had to do a little improvising since Gateway Market didn't have a plain brat or gravy but I decided to pick up some ciabatta bread too just to add another little something.


After grilling the bread and brats, I started to assemble everything. I spread some mustard on the bread, topped it with the mashed potatoes and then threw on the brat pieces.


Finishing touch? The "gravy" of course! It looked a lot better than I thought it wold but I wasn't sure how it was going to taste but I was excited to try it. We called John (Jen's Husband) to join us.


The bangers and mash turned out to be pretty delicious. I even picked up a British Ale to toast John & Jen a bon voyage to London :) Is there a British dish that you vividly remember? I seriously was struggling but was happy to experience bangers & mash my way.

1 comment:

  1. This was so delicious! Let's do this again soon!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete