Friday, March 5, 2010

Wedding Weekend.

This past weekend, Erica & I flew out to Des Moines for a wedding planning weekend! I stayed with the Wanek's but spent most of my days with Erica and her family.


The first night, I went to 801 Steak & Chophouse to celebrate Lindsey's birthday (Joseph's brothers' girlfriend). What a coincidence that I was in town to have my traditional martini, Surf 'n Turf dinner, and Chocolate Lava Cake for dessert :) Yummy!

The next morning, I met with Katie, who is designing Erica's Save The Dates. We headed to La Mie for breakfast. They kind of changed their restaurant around and everything looked delicious. I picked up some chocolate croissants and enjoyed a nice breakfast with her.
Katie even surprised me with some cool gifts:
1.) Paper Heart DVD, which I think I might watch it tonight!
2.) Madras Driving Cap (I might have to post a picture of myself in it)
3.) Super cute card Letterpress Card

I love Katie, she has great style and knows me well :)

The rest of the day was spent meeting with Erica's dress maker Dornink, Gloria from Glorious Desserts, and stopping into eden for some special things! Erica, the mothers, and I had a late lunch at Biaggi's and talked about all of the details for the wedding. Lastly, we stopped into Joseph's to pick out rings!
The night kind of ended at Erica's house and then restarted as we made our way to Lindsey's birthday celebration downtown. Topher had put together a fun little party with decorations and bottle service to boot at the Liars Club. We had a blast.

They even brought out the bottle for her with a sparking candle!

On Sunday, Erica, her family, and I went up to Dike, Iowa to meet her fiance's parents at the venue, Fox Ridge Golf Club. We got everything pretty figured out from decor to schematics to food. We made our way back to Des Moines for dinner and I watched Coco Before Chanel, soooo good!

The next morning, I had lunch with Carolyn and Bethany at Proof. I started the packing process and got on my flight back to good ol' California!



Next stop: St.Barth's aboard a yacht named El Jefe for Spring Break :) Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. you are so sweet! love you!

    p.s. I think you're missing an important detail of your weekend. :) jk!

    ReplyDelete