Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Soupe Au Pistou.

As you know, anytime that I am planning on making dinner, I like to see if there is a french version of what I am craving.
The other night after work, I had my heart set on duck. So I went out to Whole Foods and bought some duck breasts and duck legs. We had the most amazing dinner. I had prepared the duck with orange zest, garlic, salt & pepper, and balsamic vinaigrette. It was a-mazing. Seriously. My guests were speechless and left wanting more. I really wish that I would have taken pictures... oh well...
I did however, remember to take a few pictures from our dinner the other night.
Joseph had gone to Henry's Market and bought a bunch of zucchini's...(obviously they were on sale) so I had to use them up! I had a great French recipe for Soupe Au Pistou. So, yummy... carrots, potatoes, thyme, onion, and beans (which I substituted garbanzo beans for). I was supposed to make a little Basil Pistou on the side to serve with the soup but instead I used Italian Flat Leaf parsley!
The only picture that I remembered to take that pertained to the soup itself. I used some of the duck fat to saute the zucchini that I kept from the night before.


The pistou consisted of parsley, garlic, pine nuts, and olive oil.


I pureed it until it was a somewhat smooth consistency and voila! It was actually really yummy and resembled pesto with a little more of a kick. By Joseph's second bowl, it seemed as though he was eating straight pistou because he loved it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment