Wednesday, February 2, 2011

allspice.

One of things that I love most about Des Moines is their support for local businesses.

While we were back visiting for the holidays, we stopped by the East Village, of course. It's always exciting to see what is new or has newly opened up. I was really excited to stop into this little place...

allspice


We got a little box full of a small assortment of all of their ground Chile powders. I didn't even know where to start, there was so much to look and so much that I wanted. The store owner helped us pick out some of the best and a nice variety in spiciness. I picked up some bay leaves as well, since I knew we were out.

Jospeh's mom had already shipped us three types of peppercorns, but while we were there, we got some Tangerine Balsamic Vinaigrette and Blood Orange Olive Oil. The store owner combined the two and let us taste it.... sooooo good! We also got some White Truffle Oil. Seriously, the best. We have made Truffle Fries, Truffle Popcorn, and Truffle Fettuccine Alfredo.

Love, love love allspice, click here to check it out.

2 comments:

  1. i wish you were here to make ME truffle fries! (among other reasons i wish you were here, obvs.) i recently went back to sbrocco (gasp! i know...even after our experience, BUT...) it was so much better and they had these DIVINE truffle fries. oh my. my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to go back there but Joseph is SO anti-it. So needing Truffle Fries right now.

    ReplyDelete