Monday, January 17, 2011

Mushroom Risotto.

I don't know about you, but I love risotto! Now that I am thinking about it, I like a lot of rice dishes: fried rice, paella, Mexican rice, Puerto Rican rice... the list goes on and on!

What are your favorite rice dishes??


Anyways, I was at work and really craving Mushroom Risotto. It was literally all that I could think about as I sat working on payroll. As soon as I got off, I drove over to Whole Foods and picked up some mushrooms, chicken stock, and fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley. I went to work as soon as I walked into the apartment.

I think I was most excited to use my new Le Creuset dutch oven...


I started with melting butter with onion, and garlic. Then added the mushrooms, celery, and a little bit of garlic. Once they were all covered with butter and lightly sauteed, I added the rice, white wine and some saffron. The hardest part of making this dish is having to slowly add the chicken stock over a course of (30) minutes as you are smelling all of the rich flavors.

I topped it off with a little more Parmesan cheese for garnish, freshly chopped parsley, and enjoyed my creation. In my experience with making risotto, it is very temperamental. But having cooked it more than a few times, I think I have gotten better every time. Cooking with my new dutch oven was life changing, I don't know how I didn't have one already!

No comments:

Post a Comment