Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tates.

The minute that Thanksgiving is over.... what is the next thing on the mind?

Christmas, of course!

I remember when I was in middle school and high school, I used to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving with my mom all day. We would either be the first ones at Target or Kohl's. I literally remembering having to get up at 3 a.m. and then driving to the stores and standing in the cold, waiting anxiously for them to open their doors.

Well, as soon as I moved away from home, I stopped doing it! I miss it sometimes, just the excitement of pushing and shoving people in order to be the first through the doors. But now, I have simpler pleasures like:

Tate's Cookies from Tate's Bake Shop in Southampton. We got so used to having them every year and since we didn't go home to Iowa this year for the holidays, Joseph's mom shipped us a few boxes Tate's to California!

They are the best chocolate chip cookies. They are crunchy and buttery and thin. Serioulsy, if you have not had them, you need to! Check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment