Sunday, January 9, 2011

French Onion Soup.

Two of my loves in the world?

AllThingsFrench & Soup.

So how does it not make sense that I am completely in love with French Onion Soup?? At one point, a few years ago, when I thought that I didn't like French Onion Soup, I took a small sip of Joseph's at a restaurant. I fell in love. It was totally not what I thought that it would be. It kind of sweet but obviously salty with hints of caramel and just so delicious. I was in love.

One day as I was shopping at Williams-Sonoma, I came across their Basics to French Cooking and it had the most amazing picture of the soup on the cover... I bought the cook book immediately...

The process of making this creation is so extensive and time-consuming. The main ingredients are obviously onions and beef broth.

I've made it so many times but all I can remember about is: cutting up onions, using a lot of butter, stirring and stirring, and then adding beef stock.


Once it is almost done, you put it into cute little bowls, add a couple of pieces of french baguettes, butter, Gruyere cheese, and broil. Who doesn't love soup and all things French during this chilly time of year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment