Monday, January 17, 2011

Breadsticks.

Years ago, I went to eat at Bravo! for lunch in Des Moines and since the were full, we had a drink at the bar while we waited for our table. They had these amazing crispy bread sticks that you could munch on while enjoying your cocktail. I would crave them all the time. I've tried making them in different capacities but I finally found a recipe that reminded me the most of them.


I found the recipe in Thomas Keller's ad hoc cookbook, and just added a few extra spices like: Herbs de Provence & Rosemary. Keep in mind that they already had Parmesan cheese in the flour mixture, yummy! The thinner you roll them, the crispier the come out.


I had to bake them on the top rack for (8) minutes first, and than turn them all individually and place them on the second shelf for another (8) minutes.


I doubled the recipe because we had friends coming over for a little get together and probably made about (8) batches of them.... I think I over did it ...but....


Once they were out of the oven, I couldn't keep my little display full of them.

Along with hummus, veggies, and other little snacks, these suckers were the first to go! Soooo good. I want to eat more right now as we speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment