Sunday, January 9, 2011

Holiday-ish.

To get in the holiday spirit we did a lot of holidays things...

One night, we went to December Nights in Balboa Park. You get to walk around all of Balboa Park and try a different foods, listen to Christmas songs, and enjoy the holiday season. I got to try Warm Chestnuts that had been roasted on an open fire... and they were actually really good. We ate a lot, drank a lot, and had a lot of fun, overall.

On a separate night, Jessica and I cut snowflakes out of magazine and catalog pages, while Joseph watched. I think he might have made one or two but in reality I did all of the work ;)

They turned out really cool! My favorite pages to cut snowflakes out of were from the J.Crew catalog because of all the cool and funky colors. Can you tell which ones are mine??

It was really fun to walk into the house and see the snowflakes during different points in the day.


And of course we had to get a fresh tree! After much debate (and at a very late hour, I must add) we decided to drive down to Rite-Aid and pick out a tree from their "lot" for the second year in a row. Joseph, Jessica, and I literally took almost (30) minutes trying to pick the perfect tree. Every time we thought we had found "the one", I decided I liked a different one better :)

Finally, after Joseph said no more, I grabbed one and Joseph threw it in the back of the car. We drove home, dragged it in the elevator and through the apartment, cleared a corner for it, and went to work. It was so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment