Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lamb Burgers.

Did you get a chance to see what we did with the massive lamb leg in my previous post?

Well, this is what we did with the left overs, and I must say, I impressed even myself with the following creation:


I diced up all of the left over rare lamb leg meat, and discarded the parts that I thought were too cooked. Then I threw the pieces into the our food processor.


I processed them on a consistent setting until I thought that the meat was well ground and ready to handle.


Erin, Joseph, and I talked about what flavors we thought would compliment our lamb-burgers. After a quick trip to Gateway Market, we picked up some Feta Cheese, and stuffed the inside of the burgers with it.


I carefully combined the "top" and "bottom" of the patties halves and molded them closed to seal the cheese in during the grilling process.


I threw them into the grill pan on medium-high heat and let them cook on each side for about (6) minutes, per side.


While they cooked, I drizzled oil all over our "buns" and thew them into the oven to quickly brown.


I periodically checked in with the meat to make sure it was cooking to perfection.


Once the buns and meat were done, I threw them onto plate and had Joseph & Erin dress them with the condiments that they liked.


The small bar of condiments included everything from sauteed mushrooms to avocado to jalapenos. The final end result was a.maz.ing. The flavor combinations that we created were incredible. The meat was perfectly seasoned from the night before and all of the spices really stood out. I can't wait to make these again.... or even a slight variation!

No comments:

Post a Comment