Friday, November 11, 2011

Pumpkin Puree.

Have you ever tried to make your own pumpkin puree? Sure, it's easy to throw one in your shopping cart while you're at the grocery store, but I had a thought this year... "What's really in this, and why haven't I made my own before?"

So, after Halloween had come and gone, I used the (4) pumpkins that Joseph had grown in his garden. I was delightfully surprised how easy it was to make my own puree.


I started with (1) medium sized pumpkin.


I cut it in half and scraped everything out of the center, and then cut them into quarters.


I ended up using two more pumpkins because one didn't look like enough. I buttered up the pumpkin slices and baked them for (2) hours.


The apartment smelled SO good. They looked really pretty when they came out too.

I let them fully cool and then I scraped out everything from the skins. Once I had most of them scraped out, I threw them into the food processor.


And this was the finished product. I had to let it strain over night to get all of the excess liquid out, but once it was done, it was perfect. The endless possibilities I thought to myself: pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies! I love pumpkin flavored everything, it's the best. Stay tuned for what I actually used it for :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so curious what you used this for... Was it something to do with chocolate chips and a surprise that was in the works?

    ReplyDelete