Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cafe Chloe.

Since Joseph's birthday was actually the Monday following his party, I thought I should take him out for dinner. We had a couple of places in mind for dinner, but being a Monday, a lot of places are closed in San Diego. Shoot. However, I had been to this really cute place called Cafe Chloe! It's a cute french cafe, and it feels like you are seriously in Paris (my favorite place in the world). So, we checked out the menu and got ready!

I ordered the Poulet RĂ´ti, the roasted chicken special. It wasn't on the menu, so I don't remember exactly everything that came with it. But it was amazing. It was so much Poulet, I couldn't finish it!

Joseph ordered the Mussels Grenobloise with brown butter, capers, lemon supremes, croutons, and pommes frites! Yummy!

The first time I came here, I saw someone order this Lavender Lemonade. It looked beautiful and refreshing, so Joseph ordered it. It was both beautiful and refreshing, just as I had already decided in my head :)

We couldn't get a great picture of the Mussels, but they were heavenly. I had never really been interested in Mussels until recently, and these were amazing. I kept reaching over and drinking the broth from Joseph's bowl (bad manners, I know, but I couldn't help it!)

After dinner, I ordered a cappuccino (my favorite espresso drink). As expected, the espresso quality was awesome, the froth was perfectly smooth and creamy, and the flavor was out of this world.

It's obviously no Paris, but here's to wishful thinking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment