Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Finds: Little Italy.

One Thursday afternoon a couple of weeks ago, I was out running errands on my Vespa when I realized that I hadn't purchased a gift for one of my best est friends Katie. As I walked/rode through Little Italy finding the perfect gift, I stumbled upon an area that I hadn't seen before. It seemed as though it was their "Design District" because they had a lot of different little shops.


The picture-esque shot that I saw in real life didn't transfer well with my iPhone camera. I wish it had because this could have been a potentially cool shot.

They had this little "sidewalk" made of this stone squares. I tried to make it a little interesting apparently by catching my fingers in the frame. I think it makes it look like you are peeking into a small cemetery or something. A shop owner saw me taking this shot and asked if I had an assignment in texture. I kind of giggled/blushed and said I was going to blog about it. They told me to stop by again in the spring when vines grow around the blocks.

And then I found the cutest little shop, The French Garden Shoppe. They had little lavender, rosemary, and bay leaf plants outside. Of course I was drawn in and loved everything from the setup to the scent to the shop keeper. I promised I would be back :)

1 comment:

  1. you are so sweet! i LOVE the birthday gifts! it was absolutely perfect and the necklace was exactly like the one i had blogged about. you truly are a bestest friend! :) thanks again!

    ReplyDelete