Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Ten Things I Learned.

So months and months ago I got slapped with a Traffic Citation. According to the stupid, old, un-happy policeman I had failed to stop fully at a stop sign. Of course I acted clueless of why he was pulling me over on his motorcycle. He even tried to make me feel stupid by explaining that perhaps I had been confused of the fact that all the stop signs in California look like yield signs. I thought he was educating me (at the time) so I thanked him for the new information, but then later had an epiphany of his "read between the lines you idiot" comment. Whatever...


I qualified to take a Driving Class to clear my record, so I opted to pay the ticket and pay the administration fee to take the class within two months. I had to take it by November 9th, so I finally made the time to take it two weekends ago. It was the longest day of my life. Why I needed to take an (8) hour class, I don't know but at the end we had to take a test and make a list of the Ten Things We Learned. Here's mine:

1.) The legal speeding limit in the state of California is 65 mph, unless otherwise posted.
2.) The first offense fine in the State of California for talking on your cell phone while driving is $100
3.) "Bambi" is the leading killer in motor accidents
4.) The legal speeding limit while driving down an alley is 15 mph.
5.) Surveillance cameras were first installed on the streets around WWII.
6.) It is illegal to smoke in a car with anyone under the age of 18
7.) Anyone under the age of 18 must wear a helmet if riding a bike in the State of California.
8.)The first offense fine in the State of New York for talking on your cell phone while driving is $1,000
9.) Running a red light can cost your upwards of $500
10.) Drinking while driving killed approximately 10,000 people last year




(Bonus) NEVER get a ticket or take this class. It will cost you about $300!

No comments:

Post a Comment