Thursday, November 18, 2010

Le Pain Quotidien.

So the week that Carolyn and Sophie were here, we went out to eat a lot.... which I love, don't you?!
Anyway, while in Santa Monica, Sophie and I had to find a bathroom. You wouldn't believe how many places did't have a bathroom for customers! So, I saw this little cafe, walked in with Sophie, and said "Let's find mom, I know she's in here", loud enough for the employees to think we were actual customers and ran to the restrooms. Afterwards, I walked around the place and pretty much fell in love.
It's called Le Pain Quotidien, translation: Daily Bread.

Their diplays were just gorgeous. I love bread. I seriously could eat bread all day long. Even when we were in Paris a couple of years ago, if I was hungry I would buy a bagguette and eat it straight from the packaging... no butter, jam... nothing! But of course you can only do that with yummy,crusty french breads.
Look how cute their little pastries are!

I really wanted to eat that cookie, but realized that I should probably eat some real food first!

Cute, right?!

So after shopping, I talked Carolyn into having lunch here.

Their setup is pretty cool with a very long communal table where you sit with other patrons. There are also some small tables surrounding the communal table but the main idea is to sit at the big table and share "your daily bread" with other people.


Carolyn and I split an Open-Faced Salmon Sandwich. The salmon was perfectly smoked and salty. The fresh dill & cucumbers balanced it out so well. I would highly reccomend this place to anyone who comes by it. I LOVE'd it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment