Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Culinary Art School.

Last week, Lourdes and I make a trip down to Tijuana solely for the purpose of viewing Tijuana's new and very trendy Culinary Art School.

I read about it here (page 60) and thought to myself "I have to see that school, it look so cool." Once I found it out that it was literally right across the border, I knew I had to go right away, and it didn't take Lourdes much convincing to come with me since we both have a love for cooking and all things fabulous, of course.


Welcome to Culinary Art School!


The entire building is very modern and a lot smaller than I thought it would be.


This is pretty much it. It's almost like one big house.... which I would want to live in :)


The kitchen areas were small. I would think that they have between 50-100 students. We watched and observed everything, and we're pretty sure that they teach all of the kids at the same time, as opposed to small groups.


The far left hand side of these "stairs" are indeed stairs, but the other side is a fountain! For some reason, I thought there were just big puddles of water on the steps and I began to walk on them... quickly realizing it was actually a fountain that was not running at the time. Oooops!


Pretty!


I really love the contrast of the green with the building.

On our way out.... onto the rest of our day* in Tijuana!

*more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Im a student there, and the classes are actually for a small group, mine is only 13 sudents, the thing is that the kitchens are divided by glass walls so it would appear that we are all taking the same class but believe me we are not, its actually really personalized, glad you came to visit us =)

    ReplyDelete