Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mardi Gras 2011.

Fat Tuesday!

"What were your food splurges?"

"Did you make a King Cake?"

"Did you give anything up far lent?"

Those are some of the most common questions everyone is asking everyone else the week that Fat Tuesday & Ash Wednesday falls on. Me... the only tradition I have is making homemade Jambalaya :) I have this recipe that I always use out of an old Bon Appetit recipe.

Everyone that tries it, falls completely in love with it.


The prep for this is so time consuming. You literally spend at least 1/2 an hour chopping, cutting, and combining all of the veggies. And then you have to saute them for another 30-45 minutes. Once that is complete, you add clam juice, all of the meats you decide to use (ie. chicken, andouille sausage, shrimp...etc) and you cook another hour or so... I think.

Now I can't remember and I don't feel like looking for the recipe ;-)


Alas, you add white rice to the thick, spicy, meaty delicious and dig in! SO worth the wait and all the hard work.

This year, after several bottles of wine and an awesome dinner, a small group of us wen to Rich's to celebrate... even though all day I said I was going to stay home! Oh well, it turned out to be a really fun night at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment