Sunday, March 6, 2011

Squid Ink Pasta.

Have you ever tried or even heard of Squid Ink Pasta??

Sure, I've been to a many Italian restaurant, but I had never heard of of it... so naturally when I saw it on the menu at Benecotto, it was totally turned off to the idea. But I decided to ask the server more about it, and learned that it was featured on the cover of San Diego Magazine. So, I had to try it....

and I LOVED it. It was so good, with a creamy red tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and shrimp! Yummy!

A few weeks ago, after a meeting at work in Little Italy, I stopped at a little shop and thought of picking up some things for dinner... and my surprise, they had squid ink pasta! I bought it up, along with a block of Parmesan cheese and drove right home!

I decided to make my own version of that tasty pasta but without the shrimp, white sauce instead of red, and added grilled veggies instead.


I took the Parmesan cheese and threw it into the food processor that I got from my mom for Christmas.


Here it is: Squid Ink Pasta


I made homemade Alfredo sauce....

Grilled the veggies, as well as a few cloves of garlic too!


Once everything was cooked, I quickly cooked the pasta, tossed it in the Alfredo sauce, added the veggies with the diced up roasted garlic and served with some fresh Parmesan cheese. It was SO good. Joseph didn't realize that the pasta was actually made with squid ink, he thought that it was just called that because it was dark in color!

No comments:

Post a Comment