Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dining Out.

One of my favorite past times? Going out for dinner! I'm not crazy about take-out because you lose the experience, the atmosphere, and the freshly plated food that a restaurant has to offer but I just love trying new places for dinner. I always have, but I love cooking a mean gourmet meal too.

Working a 40+ hour work week doesn't make it that easy to have dinner on the table by 7:00 p.m. so we usually end up eating by 9:00 p.m. I just think of ourselves much like Europeans ;) Anyway, here are two places we've gone that I really enjoy:

1.) Banker's Hill Restaurant

This restaurant is kind of off of the map. I didn't hear much about it and I still don't think that there is a HUGE hype around it but there should be because the food and the atmosphere is really unique. The decor is very rustic with a lot of wood and metal elements, but the succulents as you see in the picture softens the place and it is very cozy.


They have a few couple of different dining areas. I have yet to sit outside in the "succulent garden", because it has been cold and it doesn't look that cozy but I plan to once it warms up! The bar area is dimly light and kind really relaxes you after a long stressful day at work.


The menu is creative and delicious. I usually order the Duck Confit or the Grilled Steak is awesome too. If you like a good burger, they have that too. The mussels are spicy and quite delicious and they also have a great wine list. Their desserts are inventive and simple. Yummy! Overall one of my favorite places, even though Joseph discovered it and not me ;-)

2.) Basic


Basic, that is pretty much what it is. They offer basic pizzas and then you add all of the topping that you want. They have a HUGE bar area and a small dining area. Their drinks are pretty good and the pizza is awesome. Thin crust, greasy, and gourmet.

The decor is pretty basic too. There is a lot of big sofas, metal coffee tables, low seating, and just an overall casual place. You have to be 21 to get in, so no kids, sorry! I guess most places we aren't kid friendly since they are all in the city.

New Places to Try

1.) Cowboy Star in the East Village
2.) Pamplemousse Grille in Solana Beach
3.) Tapenade in La Jolla
4.) Hane Sushi
5.) Prepkitchen in La Jolla

.....and the list can go on and on!

No comments:

Post a Comment