Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Anniversary.

I can't believe it has been five years since Joseph and I first started dating. We met at Columbia College in Chicago in 2004 and have been going strong (for the most part) since then.

This is one of the first pictures we took together about a week or so before making it official. We took a little trip to the beach close to the Magnificent Mile downtown Chicago.

Year #1
After a year of attending Columbia together, we made the move to Des Moines to attend Grand View College. Our first year anniversary was celebrated with dinner at Splash, one of my favorite restaurants in Des Moines.

After dinner, we walked downtown a bit. We took this picture with the "Umbrella" structure.

Year # 2
I arranged a little candle lit dining area for us in our apartment. I made a Smoked Salmon dip, and we drank a bottle of Moscato before heading out to dinner.


We went out to dinner at Bistro Montage. Also one of my favorite places to eat while in Des Moines, even if I have only been there a few times :)
Year #3 - TBA (I can't remember what we did, but I will update ASAP)
*Update: Joseph and I went out to a fabulous dinner at Sage Restaurant. We shared some scallops for an appetizer, and I ordered the Skate Wing for an entree. I loved it, but Joseph thought it was gross. :)
We obviously didn't take any pictures! Shoot.

Year #4
A trip to Europe, in which we were in London for our actual anniversary. We started the day at the London Eye. It had the most amazing views, even though it was a bit chilly & cloudy.



And then we walked over the Tower Bridge that extends over the Thames River. Later that day, we went to one of my favorite places in London, The Tate Modern.


For dinner, we went this cute little Spanish restaurant. I had Paella. Yummy :) It was truly a magical anniversary and one that must been topped with the years to come.
Year #5 - TBD (Joseph is planning something special for tonight)

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. you two are officially the cutest. couple. EVER! how adorable! i'm so happy for you. happy anniversary to you both! have a great year #5...and 6...and 7.... :)

    ReplyDelete