Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Perfect Roast.

I recently realized that I hadn't been posting anything in regards to cooking! (Probably because I haven't really been cooking... but don't tell anyone!) But, a few weeks back, I cooked one of the simplest and most delicious meals.... Perfect Roast Chicken by one of my favorite chefs ever, Ina Garten a.k.a The Barefoot Contessa.
Isn't your mouth watering right now? Mine is just thinking about it again. It is seriously one of the easiest recipes and the flavors are amazing. To get the recipe, click here. I added the potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion to the bottom of the roasting pan, but feel free to add whatever it is you like. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for it to finish baking. Your house will small amazing! Bon Appetit!

Oh, I almost forgot that I also made this Lavender Lemonade, inspired by Cafe Chloe. I made simple syrup and while it cooled, I added fresh lavender, then added the Lavender Simple Syrup to water with fresh squeezed lemon juice. So refreshing!

2 comments:

  1. p.s. you're amazing. you made your own simple syrup??? hopefully it's name refers to the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually SO easy!

    (1) cup of sugar, (1) cup water, warm until sugar is completely dissolved and cool*

    *You can make it any kind of simple syrup, just at the lavender while heating and let it all cool together.

    ReplyDelete