Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Diego to Des Moines.

After a three day stretch of non-stop driving, it was nice getting "home" to Des Moines. First thing we did? We went straight to Lucca for dinner in the East Village with Joseph's mom and to visit Sophie too!

The next morning, I continued my daily routine* of a morning run (2.2 miles) and oatmeal for breakfast.

(*for those of you still wondering, yes, to date I have lost about 14 pounds since leaving San Diego. Hard to imagine right? Ugh. It feels good being right back where I was three or four years ago)

The next couple of weeks consisted of visiting our local hot spots. Carl's Place? It may be a total dive bar, but a lot of Des Moines' trendsetters pay a routine late night visit here.

Martini Night? Yes, please. Wednesday night is The Lift's weekly hot spot because of their 2-for-1 Martini's.

I made a new friend at The Lift for Cinco de Mayo: Scott! He's in a band, no big deal ;) His girlfriend Kristin is really sweet too!


First Farmer's Market of the year? DEFINITELY. I have yet to visit a Farmer's Market better than Des Moines'. Not even San Diego's Little Italy Mercato stands a chance to ours here! (Although, it my favorite in SD)

No comments:

Post a Comment