Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I've Never.

I pride myself on trying out new recipes or coming up with a good meal, but I think most people who enjoy cooking feel the same way. So if I see or hear of a new kitchen gadget, I like to try it too.

For (3) weeks in June, Joseph's mom and sister were in Europe for a school trip, so it was up to me to do all the cooking around the house. And since Joseph's dad bought a smoker, I thought I would see how well it worked, especially since I had never smoked anything before.



I decided to use it for Father's Day. It wasn't that hard to use at all. Joseph's dad showed me how to turn it on and I took care of the rest.


I even made my own pork butt rub! It had a lot of Spanish paprika, some cinnamon, brown sugar, among other secret ingredients ;)


Another thing I have never made before... Cole Slaw! I've never had one that I really liked until I had Grandma Moore's. Her's tasted different and had a nice texture. I asked her for the recipe and served it with the Smoked Pulled Pork... which I add Big Daddy's BBQ Sauce to, and served it as Sandwiches. Yum!

On different night, I made this home made spaghetti sauce with pasta and a fresh Summer Salad with stuff from Joseph's growing garden, yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment