Thursday, September 8, 2011

BHG Tour.

If you remember Joseph's birthday post at all, you will definitely remember that fabulous cake that our friend Erin brought from a Better Homes & Gardens shoot. Well, after it was all gone, I had to take the cake stand back over to Erin's work, which is at the Meredith Corporation.

I sent Erin a text and let her know that I could drop it off anytime, and she responded quickly and told me to bring it right over.... which is super convenient because Meredith is right across the street from our apartment! I thought I was just going to drop it off at the front desk but Erin invited me in and asked me if I wanted a tour! Of course I did!



Erin's office has a such a wide array of cookbooks, I wish my cookbook collection looked like that!


Can you spot the cake stand in this picture?


I loved all the pictures that Erin had posted on her walls. She picks images that she really likes, recipes that she wants to try, and food that just inspires her for the magazine and at home.


Wouldn't it be nice to have a whole collection of Better Homes & Gardens back issue magazines at your disposal?


After Erin showed the all of the test kitchens, photo shoot sets, and food-filled meeting rooms, I was in total bliss. I didn't want to leave, it was like a big wonderland inside of the Meredith Corporation! It's no wonder it's so hard to get a job there.


I walked around the grounds on my way home. The gardeners for the magazine do such a splendid job.

This image changes seasonally, and what the best part about it? My living room window looks right out to it. I can't wait to have lunch with Erin in the actual Test Gardens. They are only open to the public one day a week, so I better get down there before the summer weather is gone! I'll be sure to document it well when I actually go.

No comments:

Post a Comment