Thursday, September 8, 2011

Homemade Pesto Pasta.

Some days after work, all I want to do is sit on the couch and order take-out.

But then most days I am sitting at work and thinking about what I want to eat for dinner and once I figure it out, I have to go through a mental list in my head to figure out if I have everything in my pantry/fridge....! It's kind of exhausting but also exciting to think about coming up with new recipes or just trying a new recipe in general.


A few weeks back, I talked myself into making pasta. I was at work, and thought, "I haven't used my new pasta extractor yet, I am going to use it tonight..." So I went home and started a simple egg noodle pasta. Needless to say, I didn't know how long it would take...


It was really easy at the beginning. A simple twirling of a few eggs in a pile of flour.


....and then it was really hard to get the rest of the flour to mix in.

Finally, I added one more egg and small amount of flour and got it to all come together. Then I realized that it would have to sit for about (30) to (60) minutes before I could put it into the pasta extractor. Oooops!


Not a problem though, Joseph and our friends weren't home yet, but once they got home and Joseph setup the machine, we went to work on the pasta!


It took us a while to get all of the pasta made. At first we thought that we wouldn't have enough but surprisingly that small ball of dough made probably made enough pasta for (6) people.


While Sarah, Erin, & Joseph put the dough through the extractor, I made a quick little tomato, caprese-style salad.


After about (30) minutes or so of extracting, I thought "...maybe I should have just bought the Kitchen-Aid Pasta Extractor Attachment!"


But it wouldn't have been as fun for all us if our Kitchen-Aid did all the work ;)


Once we were all done extracting, I quickly threw it all in boiling water for about (4-5) minutes until al dente. Then I strained it, threw it into a big bowl and tossed it in Joseph's homemade pesto.


I grated some Parmesan Cheese over all of it, tossed it again....

Finally, I topped it with tomatoes and basil leaves from Joseph's garden and time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment