Thursday, September 8, 2011

Zombie Burger + Drink Lab.

The best part about new restaurants opening? I would have to say be able to try menu items for free for their Soft Opening Parties :) The latest hip, new place to open in the East Village is Zombie Burger + Drink Lab. George Formaro, the owner/chef, wanted to open up a place that combined burgers and zombies... clever, huh? It features crazy combinations of burgers, spiked milkshakes, and cocktails. Take a look...


Shannon had a couple extra tickets that she generously shared with Joseph and I for the Pre-Opening Shake Down. We were the first group of people to get to try everything :)


Can you see the excitement in Joseph's eyes?


The menu was crazy! You can check it out here. I ordered the Raygun Burger (monterrey jack cheese, fried jalapenos, caramelized onions, bacon, guacamole, & chipotle mayo). It was really good, super greasy, and left me feeling comatose.


Shannon ordered the Flamethrower Burger (buffalo sauce, blue cheese, onion rings, & ranch mayo) I don't really remember how good it was, but I'm sure I liked it because I love buffalo sauce!


And finally, Joseph ordered the mother of all of them, the Trailer Trash Zombie Burger (american cheese, fried pickle slices, chicken fried bacon, cheese curds, & ranch mayo) I just had a small bite of Joseph's but it was quite tasty. I don't think I would be able to finish a whole once, especially because we all ordered a double... I can't imagine even eating a triple!

If you haven't tried it yet, head down to Zombie Burger + Drink Lab. You're in for a real treat! Even if you aren't a fan of burgers, you will find something on the menu that you won't be able to resist...

1 comment:

  1. Joey - it is so nice to watch you cook via your blog. Keep up the good work :-D You know - I think you could be a model...every photo of you is unbelievably great ;-D have a great week!

    ReplyDelete