Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pumpkin-Chocolate-Oatmeal Cookies.

Prepping for Erin & Sam's Engagement Party was quite a task. I had decided that I was going to make (3) different homemade desserts, as well as snacks, for the party... and I only had a couple of days to make it happen!


So I went to town. I made the pumpkin puree the night before attempting to make and bake the cookies, so lucky for me I had part of the recipe done ;) It actually called for puree in a can, but I knew I could make my own and be an over achiever.


After picking up all of the different spices I needed from allspice, I went to town and threw together the batter. The smell of everything mixed in was kind of intoxicating. If I remember correctly, I used freshly ground nutmeg, clove, allspice, cinnamon, and ginger.


Then I threw in one of my favorite ingredients... dark chocolate!


I scooped small spoonfuls onto a parchment sheet and into the oven they went!

Yum. I taste tested more than a few before the party... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment