Friday, February 5, 2010

Amateur Experiences.

Have you ever seen the movie Julie & Julia?

Having seen the movie, Julia Child really inspired me. I'd like to read her biography. It astounds me that she didn't figure out what she wanted to be until her late 40's. Having tried everything from playing playing cards to making hats to finally discovering her passion for cooking.

Sometimes, I feel the same way. There are so many things I'd love to do from designing sets costumes or clothing, to opening a french pastry shop, to being a photographer. I can't pin point the one thing I want to do. I told Joseph the other day, "What I really want to be is a Martha Stewart!" She has her hands in everything. From her own line of products to her own magazine/cookbooks to her television show.
Where do I even start? Maybe I'll work in every industry for a year or so and gain the fame that she has. I'm determined to get there... somewhat, because in all reality can it really happen? Oh well. Today I'm trying jewelry design...

Don't laugh or judge, it is a completely amateur piece and spur of the moment thing :) I was bored this morning and since it's a gloomy day in San Diego, I thought, what else should I do?! (besides washing the dishes, vaccuming the rugs, or organizing my closet... all of which I'm ignoring at the moment)


I took things I had laying around the house. The leather band was part of a belt that I had. The two "things" (for lack of a better word) attached to it are buttons. The bottom one is was an antique gold-colored button and the top one was a smaller black button. I strung cream-colored thread through the black button and attached it to the gold button, which I had attached to the leather band with wire. The ends of the leather band I threaded with fishing wire.




I wasn't working with the best camera, so my pictures aren't amazing!



I had to put the ring on my left hand for the photo because I'm right-handed and I didn't know where Joseph's tripod was... or really had the ambition to set it up, on to of setting up the timer, and getting the picture just right. I'll leave all that maneuvering to Bethany, expert self-picture taker :)

What do you think? Should I keep my night job...!

1 comment: