Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Fun Day.

I hardly ever have a Friday or Saturday night off, but when I do, I don't even know what to do with myself. Aside from that, Joseph actually had to work on Friday so I really didn't have anything planned.
After spending most of the day doing laundry, and chores around the house, my friend & co-worker Jessica came over after work. She watched Big Fish, while I folded the sky high piles of clean clothes. It took me the entire movie length to finish folding and hanging our clothes.
Afterwards, we decided to go into Sushi Deli to visit Joseph and have a few cocktails. After successfully drinking for a couple hours, we left Sushi Deli very happy and with full tummies.
Living in Hillcrest is great because everything is within walking distance and there is always some new business opening. We randomly walked by a new hookah bar and decided, why not try it?!


Jessica really wanted to do it, so she picked out the flavor which was Strawberry with something else too. I hadn't done hookah since leaving Iowa over a year ago, where we left our own hookah in the closet (reminder to self, bring that back this month).

Jessica didn't want me to take her picture because she was still in her work cloths, but I insisted. After smoking hookah for what seemed like forever, although the conversation was great, we finished and decided to walk over to Rite-Aid for a bottle of wine.


What's this? It's Chocolat, a new dessert place/restaurant that just opened up about a month ago. Should we try it? It is our one of out competitors after all. Let's just take a peek, we thought...


Who can resist home-made authentic gelato? Seriously. I had like three cones a day while I was in Italy. I love gelato. One of my favorite places in San Diego is Pappalecco, as I mentioned a million times the past year, but Chocolat... you have won my heart & tastebuds.

Heaven. I tried every kind of chocolate gelato, and finally settled on the dark chocolate one. Nothing goes better with chocolate then red wine. What a perfect ending to the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment