Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chicago: The Sights.

Have you been to Chicago recently? I think I've been there more this times this year than the last few years combined... and I am okay with that :) Lucky for me, I got to see the city through the eyes of someone who has never even been outside of the West Coast. One of best friends, Jessica, from San Diego came out to Des Moines to visit and I decided she needed to visit the Windy City during her short trip here.  


After the long drive from Des Moines to Oakbrook, we jumped on the closest Metra station by my mom's house to explore and enjoy whole day in the city. Riding the Metra again reminded me of the days that I used to commute from Aurora to Downtown my first year in college when I attended Columbia College




The Willis Building? What the heck is that? Oooooh, you mean the Sears Tower, right? ;)



Lolla? No way! We didn't feel like paying some random $250 for a day pass. Thanks though! We took a picture right in front just because. Maybe next year? 


Outside of the Art Institute of Chicago


Not seeing The Bean in Chicago is like not having a Hot Dog from a cart vendor in New York your first. Don't you think?


It really is stunning every time, even if you pass it on your way to work/school everyday. 


The Jay Pritzker Pavilion at Millennium Park. It's kind of breath taking it... watching a show there at night is really kind of amazing too!


Right after this picture we all took our shoes off and let our feet soak up the cool water. 


Outside of Trump Tower


I think we could have a quick appetizer and glass of wine at The Purple Pig but they had a 2.5 hour wait! Next time Jess :) Something to look forward to for the next time that you visit!

1 comment: