Thursday, March 26, 2009

Asparagus. Prosciutto. Rice.

If you haven't had prosciutto before, try it with something! A while ago I bought some and had it go bad because I forgot to use it. Shoot! But, Erica was over the other night and she was telling me how much Chris (Her Fiance) loves it, so I thought I should give it another go.



I had some asparagus on hand so I thought I could use both. The Food Network is usually my "go-to" place when I have ingredients that I want to use together but I'm not sure exactly what to do with. I found a great recipe by Giada DeLaurentis here.



It turned out great! Joseph didn't think that he would get full or like it very much but he did! It seemed somewhat healthy :) I made some delicious brown rice, too. I used to not be crazy about brown rice, but now I love it. To add some flavor, I saute freshly minced garlic and a little yellow diced onion with oil with the rice before adding chicken stock. Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment