Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Extraordinary Desserts.

Did you really think that one job was enough to satisfy me? :)

The first time that I came to San Diego, my friend Erica took Joseph and I to this amazing dessert place called Extraordinary Desserts. I was blown away and inspired by the beauty of everything there. We all ordered a dessert and a glass of champagne. My taste buds were the happiest they had ever been, not to mention the euphoric state that I was in because of all of the serotonin rushing to my brain from the decadent chocolate! Anyways, I went back to Des Moines, inspired and wanting more.



A couple of weeks before we left for St.Barth's, Joseph found a posting for a position at Extraordinary Desserts. The criteria was very specific: (3) years experience in the restaurant industry and (2) years experience in a coffee house, luckily I had both! I scored an interview and they loved me and all of the experience that I brought to the table. They offered me a position with the goal of grooming me for Upper Management or working directly with Karen Krasne, the owner/founder. So, it sounds like an exciting opportunity and I feel really fortunate so we'll see what happens! I'm in training right now and really like it so far but there is just so much to learn. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. This place looks HEAVENLY! When I come visit, you are definitely taking me there! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally is! You will love it! Come soon!

    ReplyDelete