Friday, September 25, 2009

Green.

On Wednesday night, Joseph, Erica & I went to the opening of this new florist named Green. They used to be in the East Village, but have recently moved to Fourth Avenue, which is right behind us and a couple blocks north.

I met the owner one day when they first opened and he told me he'd send me an email letting me know when he would be having his Grand Opening. A couple of months passed, and I thought maybe it had already happened. But, earlier this week, I got the message and planned my week around it ;)
They had free appetizers, champagne, and wine from the Ivy Hotel. We got there around 6ish and starting getting our drink on. The crowd was kind of funny. I think I saw every type of person possible, so the best part was people watching.

The actual store was open, but also had setup with great little "Garden Party" in their outdoor back patio area, with cute little cube seats, cocktail tables, and even a small tent that housed beautiful & tasty little desserts from Babycakes.



Joseph, Erica, and I sipped on champagne for a while, but then switched to red wine. The appetizers were really creative and delicious. However, I was a little concerned for a while because the appetizers were the same ones that I had already had at the Ivy Hotel for the Ines Di Santo party! (I didn't get sick so I guess they were okay)


Once it got dark, all the glimmering lights could be seen and everything looked really pretty.



I wish I could have remembered to take pictures of the actual store because was super cute but they truly know what they are doing. Cute, creative, and modern stuff. My new florist of choice, although I still really love Che Bella in Little Italy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment