Friday, September 25, 2009

Simple Risotto.

Last night, before sitting on the couch for two hours to watch the Season Premiere of Grey's Anatomy, I started thinking about what to make for dinner. I hadn't been to the grocery store in a while so I wasn't exactly sure what was in my fridge. This is what I found:

A Carton of Brown Eggs,
One Tomato, One Package of Mushrooms
A Stalk of Celery, A Bunch of Cilantro, A Bag of Green Beans
A Few Mini Sticks Butter, &
Parmesan Cheese
**********
Not sure what to do other than sautée some veggies and maybe add some eggs...(?) I opted to check the freezer. After pushing around some frozen pizzas, edamame, and frozen yogurt, I found some chicken! Yumm. Okay, things are looking up, I thought.
**********
I checked one last place, the pantry. The thing I had the most of was rice, and so many kinds at that. I kept eyeing the Arbrorio rice for Risotto but kept looking away because two years go I made some for the first time and Joseph confessed how much he detested risotto (or maybe just mine). Finally, I thought "I have everthing I need to make a delicious risotto, I know Joseph will love it, and if he doesn't, there will just be more for me!"
**********
I pulled out a Simple Risotto recipe by Giada DeLaurentis and went to work. I thawed the chicken first and then boiled it in water. Next, I sautéed the mushrooms, and then steamed the green beans. Once all the prep work was done (Joseph grated the parmesan cheese, and chopped up a couple of shallots), I was ready to make the risotto. After constantly adding chicken broth to the rice, it was just about done and I added all of the extra components, took it off the burner, and mixed in the parmesan. It looked perfect and was ready to serve!
I think it turned out beautiful and not to mention delicious. I can't forget to mention that Joseph had more than a few serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment