Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ines Di Santo.

Last week, Thursday night, Erica and I went to the Ivy Hotel for an exclusive look at Ines Di Santo's wedding gown collection. If you're familiar with Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, or any high-end wedding magazines, you will definitely know who she is. Her gowns are stunning, both in magazines and in person. Erica had an invitation to this event because she has been working with M Bride in La Jolla trying to find the perfect wedding dress (more on that in the next post). She has her eye on a very specific Ines design.
On any given night, any event at the Ivy would be charging at least a $20 cover, but since we were on the Guest List, we got in for free, not to mention an open bar & free food. The party was being thrown by M Bride, with Kathy Wright doing the decor, all in honor of Ines.

As soon as we walked in, there was a photographer who took a picture of us in front of that "Red Carpet" background. I have to admit, I did feel a little glamorous, even though I am sure I turned out terrible in the actual photo. I loved what Kathy Wright did with the hanging cages on the arbor. Very creative.

The cocktail centerpiece were very nice, but nothing I haven't seen before.




Throughout the evening, they had an ongoing fashion show. The models would walk the catwalk and then mingle with all of the guests. It was a perfect way to see them up close and be able to touch the various fabrics.

I can't even remember how many dresses she was showing, but they were all so beautiful.


There is something about weddings in general that attracts me to everything about them.


The rooftop of the Ivy didn't become impressive to me until the city was dark. You could see all the beautiful buildings, lighting, and I couldn't help but feel kind of cool being up there.

The back of this one was one of my favorite. Ines' designs are one of a kind. She has her niche and just by looking at one of her gown's, you can tell definitely tell she designed it.

So, we waited and waited for Ines to show up, since she was scheduled to make an appearance. With everything going on and everyone wanting to meet her, we finally got our chance and all I got was this blurry picture of her. The photographer gave me her card so I am waiting to hear back to see if she got a good shot.



The venue, the food, the drinks, and of course the decor made this event amazing. Not to mention there was a lot of great contacts within the wedding industry present. I am definitely starting to throw myself back into the wedding industry, but this time on my own terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment