Monday, May 31, 2010

Cooking Madness.

I'm sorry I have been kind of MIA for the last couple of weeks! I have been quite busy and a little stressed out but I'm okay now and trying to get back into the swing of blogging. Meanwhile, here are some of the yummy meals (by some, I mean, the ones that I remembered to photograph) you missed but we enjoyed...
Chicken with Forty Cloves of Garlic

Yes, that's right, this recipe literally took (40) cloves of garlic, which is about three whole heads. The garlic simmers in this great mixture of the chicken fat, wine, thyme, and seasonings. I had seen The Barefoot Contessa make it on the Food Network before and always wanted to try it but it seemed like quite the process. I mentioned the recipe to Joseph and his eyes lit up so I decided to take a shot... and I scored! We had some friends over and every last piece was gone. I served it with mashed potatoes and corn. For the recipe click here.

Scallops Provencal

Joseph and I were at the grocery store picking up necessities because our refrigerator was literally empty, when we stumbled upon an incredible sale on scallops. I love scallops! So we picked up a pound, some fresh herbs, and a bottle of white wine. I knew Ina Garten would have the perfect recipe for me to use and rest assured, I had all the ingredients in my grocery bags! The recipe was simple and super full of great flavor. I served them over angel hair. Joseph wanted more! You can find the simple recipe here.

Aside from those dishes, I also made homemade spaghetti sauce (I use a combination of my mom's recipe and Joseph's moms recipe) with spaghetti noodles. After every meal, my kitchen usually looks like the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment