Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thomas Keller.


Have you heard of Thomas Keller?
If not, here's a little history on him:


he's an Award Winning American Chef

*

he owns The French Laundry Restaurant in Napa Valley, California

**

his culinary background if French Cuisine

***

he served as a Consultant for Pixar's Ratatouillie (One of my favorite movies)

**

he didn't attend a formal culinary program

*

he's from Oceanside, California


Anyways... when I was at Williams-Sonoma in La Jolla a couple of weeks ago, they told me that he would be making an appearance this past week and signing copies of his new cookbook ad hoc at home. I was so excited but knew I had to work... honestly I forgot about until my co-worker Jessica told me on Thursday that she had just come back from a delivery to W-S. I had to think for a second and reacted with "Did you see Thomas Keller?"


She chuckled and said "Is that the old guy that was signing his cook books? He didn't seem like a big deal." I think she read the look on my face and said "Oh, well, who is he?" I felt entitled to explain in great detail in one breath. I also must have explained how devastated I was that she got to see him and I didn't... and how I had to work... etc.


Well, the next day she told me that someone had dropped something off for me...

Yes, she went out and bought the cook book for me. It may not have been the signed copy but I was so grateful and kind of speechless. That simple, thoughtful, and expensive gesture truly left me speechless. Thanks Jessica :)

I told her that I owed her a nice big meal some time soon. She smiled and said "Of course."

No comments:

Post a Comment