Friday, June 25, 2010

Prep Table.

Before Joseph and I moved from our last apartment in Hillcrest, we were trying to figure out what to get rid of, what to buy new, and what not to get at all. Luckily, one of our acquaintances was moving as well and was selling a lot of his stuff. We scored this stainless steel table from ikea.
As we waited to make the move, we stored it in the Suburban because it was too big to fit into our little space. We initially thought we could use it as an island in the kitchen but once in our new space, it didn't quite work out, so we decided it would be a nice extension of our kitchen, and it currently sits like this....
I love how we can store all of our pots and pans on the shelves as well as items like onions and potatoes. I have quickly turned it into a prep table when I feel like I don't have enough counter space.

However, it has quickly turned into our "lets throw everything on-it table", which makes me cranky but I catch myself doing it more often then not. So, my solution is to completely make it into a kitchen's dream by adding....




A chalkboard from Pottery Barn!

Joseph doesn't think that I'll actually use it.... but I will, I know it. Thanks to Denise, I was able to find how and where to order it. Although the price is a little more than I wanted to spend, I had already looked at different options like painting the wall with chalkboard paint, or even getting an adhesive wall paper that acts as a chalkboard.... both ideas were not practical (however, I'm not sure spending $150 for a real chalkboard is either!)


Placing these little ones from Crate & Barrel on the table would add to the look of the prep table. I really like using the different colors of ingredients to bring a splash to the wall.


And of course, I can't forget a cookbook stand! I have always wanted one, but never found one that I loved. So many you have to order online... I just want to see it and feel it in person... that's the downside of shopping online.... and shipping fees too!

So what do you think? To prep or not to prep? The tricky part is remembering that we live in an apartment and not a home...

No comments:

Post a Comment