Friday, June 4, 2010

Saturdays.

A year ago, I couldn't count on one hand how many Saturdays I'd have off. For some reason, recently I have been having Saturday completely off and I am loving it! Last Saturday, after the SATC party, Joseph and I went to the beach and spent the day together.
I didn't think about taking pictures while at the beach but we laid out for a couple of hours and then drove over to La Jolla to spend the afternoon at the cove. We sat at some cute little place (I've been there a couple of times and have no idea what it's called) and enjoyed the view.

There were so many kayak-ers (I'm sure that's not even a word) out! It was fun to watch and remember that last time we had taken tour of the cove, there were so many seals sun bathing too.


We walked out to the edge of the cove after our beers to sit but it was kind of cold and windy.


We walked and walked and finally came across Seal Beach (legally named The Children's Pool*). It was really calming and serene even though there were a lot of people around. We sat on a bench and just relaxed, it was really nice.


Stay tuned for this Saturday's adventure :)

*It's unofficially called Seal Beach because a long time ago Seals started to inhabit it although it had always been The Children's Pool because it's a little beach that the waves barely come up to and kid's can enjoy. Currently there is a lot of controversy surrounding it because residents want to enjoy it and get rid of the seals, while many believe it as a conservation area.

No comments:

Post a Comment