Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bag Dilemna.

As most of you already know, I have a bag obsession.
No, not a shopping bag obsession (well, maybe that too since I tend to keep my hig-end shopping bags like Hermes and Louis Vuitton, which Joseph think is absurd... but is it?) but a hand-bag, man-bag obsession. Some are obsessed with shoes, which I could be too, but in all reality, I prefer a new bag over new shoes.
A new Louis V. would be just fine with me! What do you think of the Davis?? I've never been crazy about the Signature Monogram print, but the combination with the black leather is quite attractive. I think it's kind of a classic bag.
While perusing the new Givenchy collection with Denise, I fell in love with the Eden. It's a nice big hold-all, and while the picture doesn't do it quite a bit a justice, the leather is kind of distressed that has a combination of black and brown tones. It's a little more trendy than I usually like but really cool.
And of course, I am still lusting over a Mulberry bag, except now I am head over heels for the Oversized Alexa. It's a combination of their iconic Bayswater bag (which I initially loved) and their men's signature briefcase. It's timeless and has more character than a lot of their other bags.
All of the sudden, I am loving Proenza Schoeler's PS1 bag. I had never really heard of the brand before until recently. Partly because it is a relatively new company, founded a few years ago by two Parson's students. The design is sleek, the color is almost exactly what I want and it looks so cool.
Another color that I liked in the PS1 bag...

But in reality how different are the Alexa bag and the PS1?? The price is close to the same but the only problem is that I can't physically hold and touch these because they aren't sold near me. Mulberry only has a boutique in New York and I would have to drive up to L.A. to see any kind of Proenza-Schouler items. Decisions, decisions.
What do you think suits me best?!

1 comment:

  1. i, of course, love the LV. but you've already done LV (right?), so my choice is between the alexa and the PS1 (which i know was your dilema too). i don't care for the gray ps1. a little too femme-y. and, though i love the givenchy, it too is a little too purse-y. i think maybe my number one is the PS1. i'm obsessed with proenza schouler and i think it's a little more rare than mulberry.

    on the subject of bags----have any oldies that i can take off your hands? your discards are about 100 times nicer than my nicest bag! how 'bout a bag in exchange for slaving away at erica's wedding? hahaha. (and by "slaving" i mean drinking.)

    ReplyDelete