Saturday, September 11, 2010

Becky's Wedding.

How many of you actually enjoy the flying experience? I like that I can fly across the country in one flight and that within (5) hours or so, I should arrive in Chicago from San Diego. However, for me, this is usually not the case.
I had a flight booked from San Diego to LA to Chicago the night before one of my best friends wedding, in August. However, with my flying luck, I landed in LA late which caused me to miss my Chicago bound flight. I thought "No big deal, it was the airlines fault, they will fix it." Well that was a silly thought because they ended up making me feel like it was my fault and then booked me on a red-eye flight to Philadelphia and then on the first flight out to Chicago from there....

After much frustration, they did give me a mean voucher, which I actually demanded because I was going to have to wait (4) hours for my next flight...
Upon arriving in Philadelphia, I was ecstatic to see that they had a Dunkin Donuts cafe so that I could get some coffee! We don't have any in San Diego, which is something I miss from Chicago. I then boarded my flight and arrived in Chicago (ten hours after the fact...) at 9:30 a.m.


But it was all worth it because my mom picked me up and took me directly to the salon where all the girls were getting their nails done. I treated myself since I was so exhausted and over all the travel dilemma.

After getting our nails done, we got ready, went to the rehearsal, and then to the rehearsal dinner, where everyone was waiting for us.


My mom got to be a part of all the wedding festivities...


As well as Joseph and his mom & sister.

Joseph and Becky.

Cute. Doesn't Becky look just like her mom!



That night, we went out with friends and had a great time. I ended up staying with Becky at her parents house. The next morning (after about 3 hours of sleep) her mom played the song, "We going to the chapel..." which is the song that her mom played for her on her wedding day decades ago.
Becky started crying and we call hugged, laughed, cried, and got ready for the day.

The ceremony was beautiful and not to mention emotional for everyone. You could definitely feel all the love and support for the new Mr.. & Mrs. Gavillet.
Cute little favors, chocolate covered Oreos!
After the eating, drinking, and toasts, we started the dance party.



Can you tell how laid back and fun Becky is!


The best part was when her mom pulled out a few sets of hula-hoops out of nowhere and started handing them out for people to hula-hoop on the dance floor!


The dancing seriously did not stop until the very last minute. We even ended up going out after the wedding to continue the dance party. It was truly one the best weddings that I have ever been to. I can say from experience that attending your best friend's wedding definitely puts life into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment