Friday, September 10, 2010

Flower of Life.

Being a Visual Merchandiser definitely has it perks!
About (6) months ago, as we were cleaning our visuals props "closet" at work, my fashion retail job was throwing things out or sending them back to New York to make room for more stuff. Hidden away with some other little treasures were various sizes of canvas' for painting. I was able to snag (2) 4'x6' canvas'.
I thought, "I can paint these and hang them in our new place when we move...." So, after about six months, I have finally semi-finished one, after much thought and various opinions on what I should paint.
After much thought, I decided to paint a set of the Flower of Life. To different people, the symbol means different things. To me, it represents how everything in the universe is connected. We need one another to make a whole. It seems a little silly, but I really liked it.
So, here is my drawing on the canvas it self:
I was originally going to get a poll on which (2) sketches to actually pick and paint, but then I resorted to asking people as they came to our apartment. The choices were all over the board, but one common pick was Choice (D), the orange painting. So I started that one....

My personal second choice is.....


Option (G) but in more of a citron color. I am in the process of special ordering the perfect color.

What do you think? What would you choose?





No comments:

Post a Comment