Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kitchen Possible.

After months of making small purchases and keeping my big picture in mind, I finally got what I have been wanting and waiting for since initially moving into our place. It truly does take time to build your own kitchen (in this case, an extension of our kitchen)
The finishing touch was the chalkboard. I looked through every mall, department store, and shack trying to find the perfect chalkboard for this space. I even recruited Denise to help me. After many attempts and suggestions, she finally found the one I was looking for! Everything on this table was hand-picked for or by me.
I have to smile every time I walk past it, especially when it isn't cluttered with keys, papers, or the night before cooking mess.
We purchased the table from a friend who was moving to L.A. and needed to get ride of it fast. Probably the best buy I have ever made in a long time.

This Bodum French Press (which honestly makes on the best cups of Joe, if you don't have one... get one!), was a gift from my dear friend Jessica. She asked me what I wanted for my birthday earlier this year, and I told her this. The look on her face was.. "Really?? Seriously??" and of course, I had to explain to her, the big picture.
Aside from that, I bought myself a Nepresso Aeroccino Plus (aka a high tech milk frother) that I had been looking for forever because Nepresso stopped selling it on its on... until recently again!
These cute Flour & Sugar holders, I bought at Target. Thanks Denise for the tip!

And lastly, this cookbook holder (from Crate & Barrel) and small Pig toothpick holder (from Pottery Barn), were gifts from my favorite person, Denise! Thank goodness for Denise, where would I be in this California world without her?
There's just one thing missing... perhaps an Nepresso Espresso Machine for Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment