Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Little Updates.

I had a few things that I wanted to share but none of which are too long to blog about so I decided to make a short (or maybe it's going to end up being a long post after I'm done blabbing) post about a compilation of things...


1.) Last week Joseph I went on a midnight car ride to Harbour Island, right by the SD Airport to get a picture of the cityscape. He is working on this really cool concept of a guide book which he is calling San Diego Chic Guide. He's been hard at work trying to create contracts for advertisers, the mock-up of the guide itself, setting up a website (which you can visit here, even though it's under construction) and now starting to take pictures. Here is my attempt at taking a picture of the cityscape with my iPhone....


2.) We attended the aloft's home owner's association summer "fiesta" at our complex and had a pretty good time because we invited some friends over since there was free food and drink!

3.) We finally settled on couches for our apartment (which I will have to feature on a separate post since some of you have been requesting pictures of our new place...) But in the mean time, we were able to FINALLY get rid of these uncomfortable monsters:

4.) I made these super-yummy crab cakes by the Barefooot Contessa that are always a hit (you can find the recipe here)
5.) We attended a really chic party for Clark Little, a California photographer, at the W Hotel downtown with our friend Shannon while enjoying the beautiful sunset on their rooftop and sipping our way over-priced glasses of wine (to see his work, feel free to click here)

6.) Joseph and I collaboratively made this amazing home-made pizza:


7.) Joseph, Lourdes, and I took off work and attended Opening Day at the Del Mar Races....

(More on the races to follow.... at some point)

8.) Joseph, Caitlin, Lourdes, and I attended the San Diego Pride Parade. It was fun but pretty much the same thing as the year before...


9.) Joseph's mom shipped our bikes here from Iowa, so now we can ride bikes around the city (Joseph just needs to show me how to lock mine up so it doesn't get stolen....)

10.) I am really behind on blogging.... so expect more posts coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment