Sunday, July 4, 2010

Strawberry Jam.

Seriously, who thinks about what jams that they can make...ever... other than our lovely Grandmas, of course...

Joseph was complaining one morning about how we didn't have anything for breakfast. I told him that I would make us some coffee and some toast, he said "fine." And then he was like, "don't you guys have some kind of strawberry jam at your work that you could get?"...
Then I thought, "can't i just make some?"

And that is exactly what I did!
Luckily, we had about (6) strawberries left over in the fridge that I put into a steep container and mashed up with a spatula.
Once all mashed, and in pieces, I placed the entire mush into a small saucepan with sugar.
After carefully simmering the two ingredients, and constantly stirring together...
The mixture was finally coming together and looking somewhat like jam!

After careful and quick cooking... I did it... Homemade Strawberry Jam! The feeling was kind of priceless (even though this was probably the easiest thing I had ever made, ever... other than simple syrup)

No comments:

Post a Comment