Sunday, July 25, 2010

Etc.

Since I've done a lot of work in the wedding industry, it is always fun for me to get involved in anything and everything that has to do with weddings!

A couple of months ago, I was approached by one of the girls at work about helping her with decorating her ballroom. She said it would be simple and easy, so I agreed to help.

I had forgotten about it until a week before when she reminded me. I asked her the details and she just went over where she wanted some tables placed, how she wanted the flowers to look, and when it needed to be completed by. She also told me she had changed the location to a nearby park.

A few days later, she said she wasn't getting married in a park anymore, and now the ceremony and reception had been moved to a church.... okay.... but now she just wanted me and a couple of our co-workers to decorate the "ballroom". This is what we walked into:


After seeing it and trying to figure out how to make it look presentable with less than a (2) hour time limit, all I wanted to do was:

(this is me sitting & pouting)
BUT, I put my thinking cap on, grabbed the plastic table linens, the balloons, the helium tank, some tulle, and went to work.
We used every minute we had, literally until people were starting to arrive and had completed the challenge....



Not to bad, eh?

Someone else had done the flowers, and they actually didn't look to bad either!

My advice for anyone not wanting to do everything themselves, hire a wedding planner...

No comments:

Post a Comment