Saturday, July 24, 2010

Escargot.

I'm sorry that I have been neglecting you!

I have been SO busy at work.... and then I get tired and lazy and decide not to blog about anything because all I want to do it eat and sleep :)
So here's a little something that I cooked for the first time...


Yes... you're guessed it, it's Escargot! Yummy!
I told my mom what I was making that night and she said "You guys eat a lot of weird things.... like duck."
Haha.
Weird?
No!
French?
Yes!
I'm French, duh!
I simmered some butter, garlic, fresh parsley, and white wine. After it had simmered down, I added the cleaned escargot, and carefully scooped a dozen into each escargot dish that I purchased at Great News (my new favorite store in Pacific Beach... yes, it's better than Williams-Sonoma).
Love.
I baked the escargot until it was simmering and served it with a toasted baguette. Joseph loved it! He scooped each escargot onto his baguette and then soaked it in the wine & butter juice.
Perfection.
Want to try?? Let me know and I'll make it for you next time you're over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment