Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chinese Friendship Garden.

Last week, Joseph and I had a "love" day, where all we do is be together all day, since our schedules can get kind of crazy. We had both heard of of the Chinese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park, so we thought it sounded cool and wanted to check it out. Joseph looked it up and got all the info so we drove over, paid of minimal admission, and started our self-guided tour.

Outside of the gardens, there was a beautiful blooming Magnolia tree. This big bloom had fallen on the ground, so we picked it up and put it in the car (unfortunately the flower fried in the heat and turned brown).

Everything was so serene. Joseph noticed this hanging chain from the top of the roof. We immediately thought of the movie, Memoirs of a Geisha. We love these, the rain water runs down them and look so cool. I shot it from below.


A sign was in front of this that said, Light of Friendship. I thought it was really sweet and made me appreciate all of my friends.

An experience like this isn't complete without a Koi Pond! We sat on the rocks and just watched them swim. It was so calming and peaceful. We didn't have to say anything to each other, we just enjoyed each other's company.

I tried to get a good shot of this because it looked to pretty in real life, but the vines don't look as cool here.

I tried for about 10 minutes to get just the right shot of the water drop in mid-air, but wasn't too successful. Oh well, I still really like it :)

They had a bunch of Bonsai trees. I really like Bonsai's but have never had the best of luck trying to grow one.


This is where our tour came to an end, a large Chinese gate that housed storage stuff. Overall it was kind of a let down, but still fun to check it out! I wouldn't pay the admission ever again, so I am happy they have one free day a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment