Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sushi Del 3 - Clairemont Edition.

This week definitely was a busy one! Although I didn't work much this week, I feel like I did a lot. Thursday night, Joseph and I went out to the soft opening of the new Sushi Deli 3 in Clairemont. He works (and has recently been promoted to server & bartender) at Sushi Deli 1, the original, but there is also Sushi Deli 2 downtown. The great thing was that when we got there, they told us they all food & drink would be on the house all night! Who doesn't love taking advantage of FREE-ness!














Welcome to the new Sushi Deli 3. The decor is pretty awesome compared to the first two locations. Also different from the other two locations, this Sushi Deli has a full bar, as opposed to the beer & wine bar at the other two. Michelle, Joseph's friend & manager, was our server.
After drinking a Cadillac Margarita each, we ordered this *sparkling* sake (by the end of it, we ordered two bottles). It was awesome. For those of you who were there to celebrate my 22nd birthday, Geisha style, know that I am NOT a fan of sake, but this little pink bottle was so not your regular sake. It was had a slight sweetness and was bubbly :) Of course, the drink was complete until I added a...
Lychee! I love lychee. One of our friends introduced them to us, and I fell in love. They are kind of like a small pickled orange. Most of the people I have tried introducing them to texture and taste kind of strange, but I don't, more for me! I also had a Lychee Martini, yummy!


For an appetizer (I say appetizer because we had dinner plans with Erica & Chris, an hour after leaving Sushi Deli 3) we ordered three sushi rolls, nibbled on edamame, and finished with tempura veggies, chicken, and shrimp. It was a fun time, but the location was kind of strange, nestled between various warehouses. I hope they do well, and maybe Joseph will be running it soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment